A Special Weekend in June at the Summer Festival in Franciacorta
If you like good cuisine and wine, but also art and culture, sport and nature, I have some advice for you for the month of June: the weekend of the 17th and 18th of June the Summer Festival in Franciacorta is back, and is less than an hour from Milan.
A special weekend, culminating in two weeks of events during which cellars and accommodations in the area will open their doors to visitors for tours, tastings, activities of all kinds and meals with themed menus. For those who prefer to maintain their active lifestyles, they’ll be organizing walking, bicycle and Vespa excursions, that will lead you to discover the most charming sights of Franciacorta!
The area is splendid, and is one of my favourite: in this article you’ll find many different tips for visiting the surrounding areas, from places to see to restaurants to eat at! Here is a program for a special weekend (and 15 days prior, if you wish to take part in the entire festivities)!
WHAT WILL BE GOING ON AT THE “SUMMER FESTIVAL” (JUNE 17-18TH)
* FRIDAY 16 at 9:00pm: the walls of the Convento dell’Annunciata di Rovato, one of the most suggestive locations of Franciacorta will be the setting for “Benny Goodman at Carnegie Hall”, an evening that will reciprocate one of the most successful jazz shows of the past season from the Piccolo Teatro Strehler in Milan. The Civica Jazz Band led by Enrico Intra will be performing.
* SATURDAY 17. On this day, the cellars will be organizing small events with different themes, guided tours and tastings. But not only: even the companies that produce typical products and distilleries will be open to the public, and they will reveal the secrets of their work to visitors. The day will end with a great event spread throughout the area, one that will involve restaurants, trattorias, farmhouses, wine bars from Franciacorta, each of which will propose a personalized Festival Menu created specially for the occasion using only local ingredients.
* SUNDAY 18. The event starts at 11, when the scenographic Palazzo Monti della Corte di Nigoline of Corte Franca will become the setting for a picnic-style brunch with dishes made with local ingredients enjoyed alongside Franciacorta wine. A big outdoor party – in a secular park among the vineyards – will welcome both local chefs (like Fabio Abbattista and Stefano Cerveni) and visiting chefs (like Vittorio Fusari from Al Pont de Ferr in Milan) that will present their different creations to attendees. From 6:00pm the scene will change again to leave room for an aperitivo and for the final party with one big table for a food tasting and Franciacorta wine tasting, along with pizza and barbecue and a musical backdrop. Some of the events planned for Sunday include a course on preparing pizza with Petra/Molino Quaglia flour, a Water&Wine Tasting presented by San Pellegrino and Acqua Panna and other events you can sign up ahead of time for that play around the Franciacorta&food theme.
And in case you need a more detailed program for the Festival, you’ll find it here!
WHAT DOES IT COST TO PARTICIPATE?
On Sunday, June 18th, the entrance fee (including 9 tasting dishes and wine, water and coffee) is 25€ for adults, whereas kids under 18 get in free, and there is also a “Small friends of Franciacorta” menu at 15€ with 6 tastings.
The tickets can be bought on Sunday directly at Palazzo Monti at the Corte di Nigoline or, in pre-sale online on the event’s website. For those looking to spend a few days in Franciacorta during the Summer Festival, there are also different tourist packages for a weekend or a few days at a hotel, farmhouse, camping site, historic house or bed&breakfast!
All here? Absolutely not! For those of you who can’t make it that weekend, worry not: from June 2nd through the 16th is the “Waiting for the Summer Festival” event, a calendar filled with events to get to know the protagonists of this area, from vineyards to restaurateurs to agri-food producers and distillers!
WHAT WILL BE GOING ON AT “WAITING FOR THE SUMMER FESTIVAL” (JUNE 2-16)
* JUNE 2-4: weekend devoted to culture. With the patronage of Fai, we’ll be off to discover historic and artistic jewels that make up some of the most secret and fascinating places in Franciacorta, a few of which are sometimes unaccessible to the public. Villas, churches, castles will be open to visitors, and a bike tour will even be organized through all of these charming and dreamy locations. During this weekend the wineries and typical producers will also be opened for visitation.
* JUNE 10-11: weekend devoted to sport. During this weekend, you will be offered bicycle routes and walking tours with stops at cellars and tastings. Do you want to have the chance to drink a glass of wine between one pedal to another? Even on Sunday, the Pedalonga will be organized, a gastronomic ride between Lake Iseo and Franciacorta.
What do you think? I obviously won’t be missing it, what about you? Comment your weekend here or on social media using the hashtags #conoscounposto, #Franciacorta and #FestivalFranciacorta! See you there!
This post was offered by Consorzio Franciacorta.
Read the original article on Conosco un Posto. This English version was translated by Kelsey Rivett.